Having worked in heritage for over a decade, Lauren has explored many methods of public engagement, education and interpretation.
She has directed and performed in live costumed interpretation events; created character-led education sessions for heritage sites and facilitated school workshops; researched and written award-winning digital missions for families; made site-responsive theatre for adults; chaired and participated in historical debates, both live and as a podcast…
What these all have in common is compelling storytelling and well-researched history.
Lauren is particularly concerned to restore marginalised figures to the wider historical narrative.
Some examples of her work:
- Co-founded Untold Arts, a theatre company specialising in ‘untold’ stories from history and the modern day with BAME casting parity
- Wrote and directed the all-female live interpretation event, The Lion’s Pride (Past Pleasures Ltd, at Dover Castle, vars dates, 2015-8)
- Founded History Riot, a blog exploring issues of representation and heritage interpretation
- Created digital missions for Historic Royal Palaces, focussing on stories related to women and the Tower of London.
Among the organisations that Lauren has worked with are:
- Historic Royal Palaces
- English Heritage
- Cadw, Wales
- University of California, USA
- Charles Dickens Museum, London
- Wellcome Library, London
- Colonial Williamsburg, USA